Planning and making dinner can be hard, especially because my husband and I are so busy. Normally, when we come home from work we don’t want to fuss over making an extravagant meal.
We are always looking for easy dinner ideas. Unfortunately, we get stuck in a routine of making the same meals over and over. We found this recipe in 6 Ingredient Solution that looked pretty good, and I am glad that we did. It was fairly easy and ended up being really good!
- Fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (I used baby carrots)
- 1 (2 pound) boneless top sirloin roast
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix butter, thyme, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Combine potatoes and carrots with 1/4 cup water in large bowl and cover. Microwave for about 10 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Trim fat on beef roast and tie roast at 1 1/2 inch intervals with kitchen twine. Pat beef dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown beef well on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes; transfer to large roasting pan.
- Drain veggies well, toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and remaining 2 teaspoons of thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Spread veggies into roasting pan around beef. Roast beef and veggies until meat registers at 110 degrees, 50-55 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees and continue to roast beef and veggies until meat registers 120-125 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Transfer beef to carving board, tent loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Continue roasting veggies until nicely browned, for about 15 more minutes.
- Remove twine from beef and slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Unwrap butter and spread on top of beef.
- Serve beef with veggies.