I’m very excited to announce today’s Celiac Awareness Month gluten-free giveaway — a copy of “Goodbye Gluten: Happy Healthy Delicious Eating With a Texas Twist,” by Kim Stanford and Bill Backhaus.
“Goodbye Gluten” is a gluten-free cookbook filled with over 200 flavorful and tempting recipes for all types of dishes, from appetizers to desserts. It is both a cookbook and shopping guide. In each recipe, the authors use everyday brand names that can be found at local grocery stores, so you don’t need to worry about checking labels.
I’m excited about this cookbook, because it is the first gluten-free cookbook to feature Texas and Tex-Mex flavors.
Some recipes worth noting are a Thin and Crispy Sicilian Pizza Crust, Gruyere and Asiago Cheese Biscuits, Mexican Grilled Polenta Bruschetta and Buttermilk Marinated Pan-Fried Checkin. For dessert, they’ve got Chocolate-Chip Pecan Cookies, Buttermilk Toffee Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Southern Belle Peach Pie and more.
Because this book is filled with sooo many options that look delicious, it was hard to figure out where to start. After flipping through the book nearly five times, I finally settled on the trying the Cilantro Cream Spinach Enchiladas first.
It turned out amazing. I mean, I’m drooling just typing this.
My husband and I both loved it, and we will definitely be making it again. We loved how the fresh cilantro complimented with the creamy taste. It got me excited to try more recipes from “Goodbye Gluten.”
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can gluten-free cream of chicken soup: Health Valley Organic, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese (divided use): Boar’s Head
- 3/4 cup diced white onion
- 12 corn tortillas: Mission, El Lago or Sonoma Organic Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 12×9-inch baking dish.
2. In a blender, combine spinach, soup, sour cream, green onion, chiles and cilantro. Process until smooth.
3. Pour 1/4 inch hot oil in a skillet and cook tortillas for 5 seconds on each side in oil or just until softened. Drain tortillas well on paper towels. Keep warm.
4. Spoon one tablespoon of cheese and one tablespoon of onion on each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place rolled-up tortillas seam side down and touching each other, in the prepared baking dish. Spoon spinach mixture over tortillas. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake uncovered 30-45 minutes. Serve immediately.
This is a giveaway opportunity you don’t want to pass up. Enter to win a FREE copy of “Goodbye Gluten” below. Good luck!