Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food. It’s the perfect combination of cheese-y, carb-y goodness. It’s only real downside is it’s typically lengthy prep and cook time. Before I found this recipe, lasagna was reserved for weekends in our house.
Let’s just say, after I found it, I’ve changed my tune. It is fairly quick and super simple. On top of that, it’s really dang good. Just saying.
It’s the Easy Lasagna II from All Recipes recipe, swapping in gluten-free lasagna noodles.
- 1 (32 ounce) jar gluten-free spaghetti sauce
- 32 ounces cottage cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 9 gluten-free lasagna noodles (I used Heartland and it turned out great, but there are other options out there!)
1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain the grease. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
3. In the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish evenly spread 3/4 cup of the sauce mixture. Cover with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture and 1/4 cup sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with 3 noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
PRO TIP: Add 1/3 cup water to the edges of the pan to ensure the noodles bake evenly.
4. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.