Most days when I get home from work, the last thing I want to think about is making dinner.
And I have a feeling you know what I’m talking about.
My husband and I are always looking for quick and easy options to get food in our bellies before we eat our entire pantry of snacks.
This Easy Pork Mango Taco recipe comes from The America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook. And it’s naturally gluten-free.
I LOVE these tacos. They add a little spice (no pun intended) to a typical taco night.
It only takes about 25 minutes to make this recipe, and it serves four people.
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4 inch pieces (I substituted 2 cups of frozen mangos, thawed and chopped).
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce (check the label to make sure it’s gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1. Combine mangos, half an onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in bowl.
2. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add ground pork, chipotle and remaining onion. Cook, breaking up pork with wooden spoon, until pork is no longer pink (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in Monterey Jack, remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Meanwhile, warm tortillas. Serve pork taco filling with warm tortillas and mango salsa.