Looking for an easy, delicious, and healthy dinner?
You got it.
I found this recipe from Kalyn’s Kitchen about a year ago. I make it fairly often, and decided I needed to share it with you.
- 2 cups mild or medium salsa
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup grated low-fat Mozzarella
1. Simmer salsa to reduce it to one cup.
2. Trim and cut chicken breasts in half (lengthwise). Place chicken breasts in slow cooker with non-stick spray. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the reduced salsa and lime juice. Pour over chicken breasts.
4. Cook for 60-90 minutes on high or until cooked all the way through. Move the chicken into a non-stick sprayed, oven-safe dish.
5. Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella cheese and broil until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
6. Serve and enjoy.